Power resistors are used in generator load banks to avoid fouling of the diesel engine when the generator is operating at low power. Therefore, load bank are also used to reduce “wet stacking” issue in diesel engines. In addition, it is standard practice to use power resistors as load banks to maintain batteries in electrical laboratories, industrial testing facilities and telecommunications facilities.
We offer inductive load banks that can vary their power factor between 0.8 and 1.
Remote control or local, available in fixed and portable applications on any load banks.
Compact, ergonomic, silent and modular, the new models in our wide range have increased reliability which will help to maintain the excellent reputation of METAL DEPLOYE RESISTOR, built up over the last 70 years
- Natural convection cooling
- Power from 5 to 120kW in a single frame
- Connection on the lower part of the unit (the cooler area)
- IP13 ingress protection rating (normal outdoor use)
- Options: terminals rail (DIN), IP23 protection, castor wheel
- Horizontal forced air cooling
- Power from 50 to 1200 kW in 10 kW steps
- Low noise helical fan with motor rated to IP54
- Secure contacts, controlling the ventilation
- Options : lateral terminal bar, castor wheels, double insulation, control cabinet, trailer.
Our modern techniques and tools (CAS, finites elements analysis, internal test facility for heating and vibration) enable us to design customised equipment :
- Load banks to meet any power requirement,
- High voltage
- Vertical forced cooling
- Centrifugal fan
- Additional reactive loads
- “Tunnel” resistor for use in the air duct of electrical generators
- Control cabinet, automatic load shedding