MGC MOSER GLASER AG
Moser & Glaser Company, Basel was founded in 1914. In 1958 MGC Moser-Glaser AG invented the RIP (Resin Impregnated Paper) technology: a process designed to insulate electrical conductors for bushings and busbars in middle and high voltage applications. This technology was patented and protected under the name DURESCA®. With more than 45 years’ experience and the fact that so many different applications worldwide delivered makes MGC a leader in this technology.
Duresca Busbar system
Fully insulated busbars are used to ensure connections between medium and High Voltage equipment such as generator, switchgear or transformer. DURESCA® busbar systems offer a compact and safer solution compared to cable or conventional busduct solutions.
- Same type of busbar for Indoor/indoor, outdoor/indoor or outdoor/outdoor application.
- Solid, separate and fully isolated phase bus; no parallel cables.
- Earth screen in copper, embedded in the insulation and designed for an exceptional fault current of 8 kA /1s.
- Custom engineered for each individual installation.
- Compact design with reduced bending radius.
- Short assembly and erection time compared to cable, no need for special fixtures or tools. Reduced erection costs.
- Resistant to humidity and moister ingress, no risk of corrosion.
- No need to pressurize or to add heaters; reduction of installation and maintenance costs.
Gaslink Busbar system
For more than 25 years, SF6-gas has been used for insulating purposes in the medium voltage and high voltage field. The electrical strength of SF6 is considerably higher than of air. SF6-gas is chemically neutral, non-toxic and non-inflammable.Because of these characteristics and the increasing demand for totally enclosed medium voltage equipment, MGC MOSER-GLASER AG has expanded its manufacturing program to include SF6-insulated busbar connections GASLINK®.
Tiresca Busbar System
TIRESCA® offers an ideal solution and makes a protection against small animals needless. The cable connection taps as well as the fitting of the current transformer are easy to carry out. TIRESCA® offers an ideal solution and makes a protection against small animals needless. The cable connection taps as well as the fitting of the current transformer are easy to carry out.
TIRESCA® contains the same protection tube as fully insulated DURESCA® busbars therefore it can be used for indoor as well as for outdoor services.
The problem of animals and branches penetrating in substations is globally known. That’s where MGC provides the right solution with its TIRESCA®program.
- The TIRESCA®busbars, type TEL, are fully insulated within the range up to 3,6 kV.
- The TIRESCA®busbars, type TE, are partially insulated and designed for MV applications in indoor or outdoor switchyards.
Duresca wall bushing
The DURESCA® wall bushings have a dry insulation of RIP (Resin Impregnated Paper).The DURESCA® wall bushings have a dry insulation of RIP (Resin Impregnated Paper). The insulation lays directly on the conductor or tube and consists of wrapped paper direct under vacuum impregnated with epoxy resin. Conductive grading layers are embedded during the wrapping in the insulation for the best field control. This guarantees the highest operational and human safety
Duresca Transformer bushing
The better connections maker, Moser Glaser Company had been looking for a way to increase the dielectric characteristics of the High Voltage equipment. In 1958 MGC invented the Resin Impregnated Paper technology.With more than 50 years of experience in development of the RIP technology, MGC offers transformer bushings DURESCA® from 36 to 300kV.
The transformer bushings DURESCA® have a dry insulation of RIP (Resin Impregnated Paper). The insulation lays directly on the conductor or tube and consists of wrapped paper directly impregnated under vacuum with epoxy resin. Conductive grading layers are embedded during the wrapping in the insulation for the best field control. This guarantees the highest operational and human safety.